**Job Alert** Fire Extinguisher Service Technician
20th Apr 2021
Red Box Fire Control is a well-established and independent Fire Safety Service provider. We currently have a vacancy to recruit a Fire Extinguisher Service Technician who is ideally located in the Oxon, Berks, Bucks (Thames Valley) area. This is very much a customer facing role where the successful candidate would be servicing Fire Extinguishers to the relevant British Standards, therefore, we are ideally looking for a person that already has a fire extinguisher servicing background (BAFE qualified).
The individual must be self-motivated and disciplined as they will be required to work on their own and form part of a small professional and friendly team. Good communication skills, capable of working to targets, comfortable talking with clients and providing advice in a polite and professional manner are essential requirements for the role.
An attractive salary, company vehicle, pension, and 20 days holiday (+ bank holidays) are all offered together with excellent working conditions.
For further details, please call our Didcot office on 01235 810000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Job Description
Broadly speaking the items higher on the list are the most essential, while those lower down are tasks necessary to fulfil the role.
The main aim is to service and install customer extinguishers and signage in a timely, polite and effective manner that produces optimum productivity, profitability and efficiency. This will include:-
- Plan service work to ensure best travel and time efficiency
- Deliver \ collect hires as required and within specified deadlines.
- Observe and comply with site H&S and working practices.
- Ensure that all service and installation work is completed to the relevant British Standard and in a timely manner.
- Prioritise service work based on allocated service month.
- Ensure compliance with the BAFE Technicians’ Scheme.
- Ensure that paperwork is completed correctly and neatly, including any additional information such as status of clients’ safety signage, Fire Risk Assessment and staff training.
- Ensure that you are polite and smartly presented at all times.
- Ensure that you have in your possession or have access to all relevant manufacturers’ instruction manuals.
- Ensure that you have in your possession (or have access to) and knowledge of all British Standards
- relevant to your job.
- Handle new service enquires and provide quotations working in conjunction with the Service Manager if required.
- Revenue/performance targets to be assessed and reviewed on a periodic basis.
- Ensure your vehicle is well maintained, clean and tidy.
- Arrange vehicle maintenance or repair with the Service Manager in a timely fashion.
- Report any damage, fault or accident to the Service Manager immediately.
- If your vehicle needs roadside repair or removal use only the company’s appointed breakdown provider.
- Carry out routine periodic tests such as screen wash, oil level, tyre pressures etc.
- Ensure that the tyres are in good condition and at the correct pressure at all times.
- Ensure that vehicle loads are secure and within the carrying specifications of the vehicle.
- Only use the van for authorised company business.
- Only you or another authorised member of staff may drive the vehicle.
- Be aware of and comply with national speed limits.
- Drive in a manner that does not cause offence or danger to other road users.
- Drive in a manner that produces good fuel economy.
- Trade waste
- Arrange the collection and safe storage of trade waste arising from your activities as a Service Technician.
- Be aware of trade waste regulations and company policy.
Health and Safety
- Be aware of and comply with all H&S legislation relating to the company and the Service Department.
- Keep records of all hazardous substances used within your role as a Service Technician.
- Ensure that you have access to your PPE and ensure it is in good order at all times.
- Ensure tools are adequate and maintained to complete the job.
- Ensure you have access to and are compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your activities as a
- Service Technician.
- Observe customer H&S policy at all times.
- Never compromise your or the customer’s safety.
- Report any significant problems or accidents to the Service Manager immediately.